Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Election day is finally here! More than 38,000 people voted early. Thousands more will vote today. I was among them. I went to LFD station #5 at Creasy and Union around 9:00a.m. The process went very smoothly. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I was very impressed. Others here at WLFI had the same Election Day experience. A heavier turnout is reported at the Purdue Union, where about 250 students were in line to vote.

After I voted this morning, I took part in the exit poll that is being conducted by students in Dave Walker's class at Jeff High School (other locations at Lafayette City Hall, the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds, and Jenks Rest). The questionnaire asked voters who they chose for Presidential race, Congress-Dist 4, and Governor. The poll also included a question about what motivated us to vote: economy, war, immigration, taxes, and other.

I will be checking some of the vote centers this afternoon and will be giving live reports at 5 and 6 tonight from the Tippecanoe County Office Building. That's where some of our reporters will be most of the night watching the results come in. Stay tuned at WLFI or on the web for results throughout the night.