Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Angel Wings

Family, friends, and teachers are still trying to come to grips with the death of four children in last week's Twin Lakes School Corporation bus crash. Today I attended the funeral of Kale Seabolt. Renetta DuBose attended the funeral of Trevor Ingram. Those families invited our news coverage. We are grateful they allowed us to share their memories during a very difficult time. WLFI didn't cover the other services for Tyler Geiger and Lauren Melin at their families' request. We respect decisions. It is difficult to say how any of us would handle the situation.


This is part of a poem Reverend Chris Dodson of Monticello Christian Church read at the funeral. It is called Angel Wings. "Please forgive my death so young. I know it didn't seem fair. The accident took my life, but mommy don't despair. I didn't leave you behind. I know that is hard to see, but look deep down in your hearts. That's where I will always be. When you feel like crying, shed no more tears for me because now I have my angel wings and God is here with me."